Friday, May 4, 2012

Let the battle begin!

Well, I am officially just over one month postpartum. I won't have the official "OK" from the doctor to start dieting until the week of the 14th, but I decided I can at least start trying to follow points again.

I miss my WW and points. They've been my go to diet friend since 8th grade... Over 12 years ago.  Wow. But you know what, it really is more of a lifestyle than a diet. It's funny how, I can look at a plate of pasta and say "oh that would be X points".  It's just ingrained in me.  And while, I did enjoy not having to count every point and indulge a bit while pregnant, I am (at least in part) looking forward to the certainty that tracking brings me.

A bit of background:

I'm 26 and a first time mama.  I have (as I mentioned above) been a loyal weight watcher since 8th grade, having went from 192lb to 126lb by the middle of high school.  I actually think that was too low of a weight for me, as it was so hard to maintain.  College came and I gained the freshman 15 freshman 30.  It took me until my senior year of high school, but I dropped back down. After graduating, I gained about 15 again, but with our wedding later that year, I worked my butt off (literally!) and was 128lbs on my wedding day.

Fast forward to after the honeymoon and I was up to about 140. I again, worked like crazy, this time, knowing that we were going to start TTC that fall/summer and wanting to make lifetime before conceiving.  Sure enough, I hit my original goal of 131lb right when I got the "pregnant" result. I ended up editing my goal weight to 134 so that I could make it while pregnant through the maintenance phase and made lifetime at about 6 weeks pregnant.  My understanding from our center's leaders is that since I had made lifetime, I will have 3 months to lose the baby weight without having to pay weekly fees (I read that I can have this extended if need be with a doctor's note).  Hopefully I won't need that long, but lucky for me I gained a whopping 50 pounds during pregnancy.  I'm down about 20 already (from doctor weight, I still count myself from my "just undies first thing in the morning" weigh in.

My stats:

SW: 168.4 (5/4/12)
CW: 168.4
LW: 128
GW: 132

Technically, my goal is anything between 130-135 but I figure 132 is a safe middle ground.

WW friends, follow and comment and I'll be sure to do the same!

0 comments:

Post a Comment